Monday, January 24, 2011

Cartoons

This is an entry about TV. I am not the type to follow a tv-show usually, but I have always had a soft spot for the cartoons. I would say I have always liked most cartoons in general, I never have liked ones that have overly gross jokes, but I still watched just about anything. I have to say its pretty crazy how much things have changed over time. I remember when it was OK to have a cat and mouse chase each other with all manner of knives, guns, etc, doing things that would kill one another IRL, but when we get a Star Wars cartoon today, they cannot even say "kill", let alone show any physical violence that isnt lightsaber mediated.

I understand that people want to keep their kids from being "exposed" to violence or whatever, but stuff like this makes no sense. I never knew a soul who went out and killed someone based on something he saw in a Tom & Jerry or Looney Tunes cartoon despite the obvious depictions of death and violence, yet we feel we must censor EVERYTHING out there today?.... why?


Which brings me to why I LOVE Regular Show and Adventure Time... and Chowder when it was still alive. It's refreshing to say the least that in a time when kids will eat up a cartoon based on a reality show we can still have more "normal" stuff like back in the good old days. 

 
For those who dont know what these are, please, do yourself a favor and go google these and watch some vids. They are both excellent and quite frankly, they are among the last of the good cartoons left. Without this, the only moderately ok animated shows left are on AdultSwim, which is cool and all but I genuinely believe the kids need their own shows. Support these toons, buy eps on iTunes and shtuff!

7 comments:

  1. nice cartoon there..
    also done$..return the favour!
    thefitmuscle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mr ben. you dont know how to play the game right. obv.

    any who.. nice gifs man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I... herd u liek mudkipz?

    snaztoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool stuff, keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out Regular Show. I love Adventure time, though I must limit how much I watch it or else it feels like I'm slipping into dementia.

    ReplyDelete